Question
Posted by: I | 2005/07/14

going mad

How do you stop obssesing about someone cheating on you even when you have no proove? Every time my boyfried recieves a call or goes out I start thinking he is Cheating when he is somewhere were he does not normally go I think he cheats I cant enjoy a relationship doing that i tell myself its wrong i stop for a few hours then it continues. I suspect so much I start believing it please help!

its an obsession --- see a shrink for assessment, and, if needed, treatment of the obsession. If you continue in this way, you'll inevitably destroy this or any other relationship.

3
Posted by: Keli | 2005/07/14

I dont agree with Amza, about following your insticts. Some people's intincts are so wrong and even the checking up and investigations, will just make you find things you want to see and believe. You know what they say: believe can move mountains. Unless you start noticing or finding things/signs that suggest that he is cheating then you can react to that. But this thing of letting insecurities cloud your head, has killed so many innocent people and relationships. So be careful about looking for trouble where there is none.

I think counselling and open communication with ur partner can help with dealing with the insecurities. And Lara is right, the only person that will ultimately help you deal with it is yourself.

Reply to Keli
Posted by: amza | 2005/07/14

TRUST YO INSTINCTS AND FOLLOW THEM.

Ask him about how you feel about your relationship, about yo insecurities and so forth.
As He responds look him in his eyes and demand eye contact.
Do your investgations about his whereabouts New people in his life, sudden interests, and so forth

GOOD LUCK!!

Reply to amza
Posted by: Lara | 2005/07/14

The only person who can change that is you. Say to yourself, what does it help you stressing about it? If it happens it happens then only do you deal with it.
Dont stress about something you think is going to happen or all the what ifs?? Live your life, if you keep on stressing about that, then you will miss all the nice things around you...

Is there something in your past that happend to you, that made you start thinking like this??

I hope you feel better, good luck!

Reply to Lara