Question
Posted by: BEE | 2004/11/26

Going mad

Last week weI moved to a new town/city or whatever you call this awful place. I haven't taken any of my AD's since beginning Sept which is wrong, however I started again this morning. I feel scared to leave this house that I now live in. I'm scared of the people, how awful and weird is that? The people look different and I'm always on the look out (if I go out) for someone who looks "normal" or what I consider normal. I think that I am just a terrible snob. I have become obsessed with the neighbours who have strange looking large dogs and whose sons ride a small Scramber motorbike in their huge garden every single day. This bike makes the most unbearable noise right at our boundary wall and I can't take, I just can't. If I had a gun, I would have shot the kid next door yesterday. I am going MAD! Stark raving mad. There's a nursery school on the other side of our property and it's noisy. Do all kids have to scream? I don't have any. I am hoping that once the AD's are back in my system, I'll be able to handle all of this in a more logical and calm and sane manner. My husband and I are constantly fighting and certainly don't act like a couple who love each other. I am just letting off some steam.

Sounds like you broke one or more of the golden rules -- never change medication that is working without a go-ahead from your shrink, and never make such major changes when another major change, like moving home, is about to happen. maybe your discovery of the neighbourhood noise sources reminds us, too, that one should never buy or rent a property without visiting it at different times o fday and diferent days, to check for just these sorts of endearing neighbours.
In my day at junior school, screaming was voluntary, but I gather that more recent legislation has made it compulsory, and the quieter kids get kept behind at home-time, for special screaming lessons. I'm not sure that the legislation forbids you from sitting near the fence and joining in, though.
I'm wondering where you moved to, to have apparently discovered so many aliens in one town. Usually they spread out more, to avoid detection. So lock away the gun, get back on the meds, and explore and report to us next week on three fun places you've found in the new place, three non-alien fairly normal people, and three really good things about the new house.

3
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/11/26

BEE, you cant be going mad, we are all mad to start off with ...grin. so nope i dont think you GOING mad, might just be having a different form of madness ..grin ...wonderfull aint it.

serouis, bee, i think the change of environment has gotten to you and yes better you go back on your DRUGS, to take the edge of things.

Thinking of your girl and hang in there, and check for those rashes ....they could kill you ...grin

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/26

Hi Bee,

Sorry you're having such a rough time but I think we'll all agree that you forget about that gun for now.
How about doing some exploring, as it is a new town/place. Check what there is available. You might just surprise yourself by finding the most tranquil setting that could really help calm you down.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/11/26

*hug*

Reply to CP MOM