Question
Posted by: Romè | 2007/04/26

Going Home

I have been in Jhb for 2 years now and I hated every day.I got divorced a month after I got here, had 2 relationships that ended in disaster, my work has been moving me from 1 dep to another for the past week and I had enough of this place. Jhb is going to kill me so I decided to give a months notice and move back to Welkom, where my family and friends are. I am all alone in Jhb and feel lost and sad. I know the move will be hard on me because the love of my life for the past 16 years are there but we can not be together because he is married, but my dad and my brother is there and they are my support system. I have been thinking of going home for the past 6 months but never got to it because I am scared of change. I hope I am making the right choice but I don't go home I'll kill myself because this place is getting to me.

Please tell me what you all think, am I doing the right thing?

Sounds like you've had a load of bad experiences while in Joburg, but it's hardly Joburg's fault, is it ? However. you may well feel much better for getting back among family and friends. If the guy you love at present is married, you know that relationship won't go anywhere further, so maybe at home you'll find someone who is unencumbered and available. Make this a positive and not a negative step, and use the going home as an opportunity to find support and contentment

2
Posted by: Romè | 2007/04/26

Hi Lereng

I'm from Dagbreek and use to work at the Fire department. Where are you from in Welkom?

Reply to Romè
Posted by: Lereng | 2007/04/26

I am here and I've been to Welkom before - which part of Welkom do you come from?

Reply to Lereng