Question
Posted by: Concerned Sister | 2007/04/23

Going downhill

My sister bought a shop with her boyfriend. No papers were signed etc. She trusted him and now all s..t has hit the fan. They are having serious relationship problems. Her kids have moved in with their dad cause this guys make things unbearable for them. My sister wants to leave him and get her kids back, BUT, she does not have one cent to her name. All her money went into the shop, which apparenly is also not doing well. Without any documentation etc of proof of how much she put into the shop, does she have any leg to stand on to get her money back so she can get on with her life.

Noboy should EVER trust ANYBODY that much -- any business arrangement like that, especially buying fixed property MUST be done with the help of a alwyer and the proper paper-work --- in fact, she still needs to consult a lawyer, as I'm not sure whether all dealings involving fixed property are valid without a signed agreement. She urgently needs to consult with a lawyer, perhaps through the free Law Clinic at her nearest universityLaw School