Question
Posted by: j0e | 2008/07/11

going crazy

hi all

i dont know if this is the right forum for this, so please just put up with me.

well i'm 23 years old and should be having the time of my life but i'm not.
in the last 3 or 4 weeks it feel like i'm going crazy, i keep thinking bad things are going happen. like my gf is cheating, she is going to leave me. getting fired from work, some one will rape my gf on her way home. my mom lives alone and worry about her also.
i worry about very thing!! i only get about 2 hours sleep because i worry so much.

nothing has changed in the last few months at all, so i dont know why i'm feeling like this.
my gf told me the reason she started dating me was because i always looked on the good side of life and never worried about any thing. i was told her that things will work out.
i always thought the best of people but now i dont trust any one.

why have i changed this much?? what is wrong with me.
who do i see for help?

Consider yourself duly put up with ! When last I read the Constitution it doesn\t actually require us to have the time of our life at any particular age. I gather you're having a sort of crisis of self-confidence, and low self-esteem, but also perhaps an anxiety disorder, leading to excessive and fruitless worrying. See a good local shrink for a proper and detailed assessment, and then a discussion of your treatmen options based on the results of that. Generally, it sounds as though counselling of the CBT ( Cognitive-Behavious Therapy ) format would help, as well as some medication, perhaps including some of the meds also used to treat depression