Question
Posted by: Amina | 2006/11/02

GNLD

Dear Dietdoc,

I would like to loss weight but unfortunately quick. I have joined a gym and would also like to combine GNLD CR2 & Nutri shake.

Please advice if it is healthy to do so........

Thank you & good day
Amina

Dear Amina
Most fad diets and pills and potions may cause rapid weight loss, but also expose you to the risk that you will regain all the weight you lose just as quickly. To lose weight permanently you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).