Posted by: Pleasant One | 2008/07/08

glynwood hospital

Hallo, I need info, the new psychologist that I am seeing wants to put me on a two week extensive program. She says that I have symptoms of bipolar II. Will this be worth the money, I know my medical aid is paying for it but it’s still a lot of money. And I am not sure of her diagnosis?

I understand your quesry, but really cannot answer it. I don 't know your psychologist ( or is she a psychiatrist ? ) and have no idea what her "intensive" program might consist of. It's not usual to begin managing a bipolar disorder with a 2-week intensive hospitalisation, but you would need to discuss all this with her --- what exactly would happen, why it takes 2 weeks, and whether there are any cheaper alternatives. She should have explained all this to you in the first place --- she can't assume that this proposal is something so routine that anyone would know what it would entail. And your medical aid should be pleased that you are cautious about expending their finds, too