Question
Posted by: Gray | 2006/04/03

Glyconutrients

Doc,
What glyconutrients are available over the counter, in RSA?
Can they be taken a regular supplementation?
What is the relationship between glyconutrients and cancer?

Dear Gray
I must admit that I am not aware of glyconutrients per se or their relationship to cancer. You could do a Search on the Internet using the South African region to see if such products are available in SA. I shall also do such a search and if I find some data will post another message for you.

1
Posted by: Diet Expert | 2006/04/05

Dear Gray
I did a Search on the Pub-Med Website which features scientific articles published all over the world. Although there were only 3 recent publications that mention glyconutrients, these papers did find that use of glyconutrients boosted immune response in laboratory experiments. This research is evidently still in the early stages and it's hard to say if glyconutrients can or cannot boost immunity or protect against cancer in humans at this stage, but this may well be a very promising field for future research. I think you should check at your local health shops to see if they have glyconutrients or glycosylated products.

Reply to Diet Expert