Question
Posted by: AM | 2005/01/12

Glucose tolerance test- confused!!

Hi, I am seeing an endocrinologist as my doctor suspected i was having hypoglycemic attacks. I have since had two 24 hour urinary collection tests (something to do with cortisal levels) and am having a OGTT in a few days. I was wondering if you have any ideas what they could be testing me for because i feel very much in the dark about possible causes and have gone round in cirlces on the internet.

AM, they’re trying to find out whether the low glucose is due to too much insulin, adrenalin or cortisol problems, sugar metabolism/intake problems, etc. The OGTT is to find out how your body responds to a high sugar intake. Good luck.