Question
Posted by: Jen | 2003/12/15

Glucophage and still no period

I was put on Provera to force a withdrawal bleed, as I had not had a period for six months since going off Triphasil. I started Glucophage - 850mg twice a day on the second to last day of that withdrawal bleed. I have not had a period since starting Glucophage and it is now 32 days. I am a big woman who is overweight and have lost hardly anything while on Glucophage. Do you think the dosage is not enough?

The dosage is fine. If you have not had a period, it may mean that other measures are necessary, e.g. losing weight. I presume that you are on Glucophage because you have PCOS. While some women with this condition will start ovulating on Glucohage, others need additional treatemnts. I would suggets that you go back to your gynaecologist.