Posted by: Bridget | 2008/09/18

I am on Glucophage for my insulin resistance. My sugar levels are normal but my insulin is 16. On the bottle of pills is says that I must take them after food? Is that very important or is it ok to take them an hour before food because I eat my breakfast at work but I take all my tablets etc at home before leaving for work. What do you think? Also I have been on them now for a year and I have changed alot of my diet to low gi but obviously not as strict as I should be but it hasn' t brought down my insulin. Do you think that it could be because I am not taking them after food or do you think it is just a matter of being stricter on my diet?

Thanks for your time and also responding quickly to all questions.

Hi Bridget
You should take your Glucophage after eating - rather take them later then after breakfast. Try exercising 30 min per day - this should bring down your insulin resistance. ( walking is fine)