Question
Posted by: unsure | 2007/04/04

Glucophage

Have been diagnosed with PCOS, am trying to concieve. was on Fertomid for a few months, then gynae realised problem with insulin levels, so he put me on Glucophage, am supposed to take for a month, then do blood test, if levels are better, will go back onto Fertomid. It's been almost a month (will be on the 12th), but started bleeding 2 days ago. So now I have my period. Is this normal, I thought I couldn't ovulate "by myself". Does the glucophage cause you to ovulate?

What do I do now, still go for the blood test? Please help

Glucophage can bring back ovulation, so this is a good sign. I am not sure what blood test you were supposed to have. Ask your doctor about it.

1
Posted by: sunshine | 2007/04/04

Some people with pcos dont ovulate at all and some people with pcos do still ovulate but not regularly or the egg isnt fetile..

Dont stress yes still go for the blood test and take it from there..

I am on both glucophage and fertomid and finally i am a normal person again :-)

Reply to sunshine