Question
Posted by: Ana | 2007/03/19

Glucophage

My dr presribed these for me, pls can i have more information.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Metformin (glucophage) is generally prescribed to lwer abnormally high blood glucose (sugar) levels in patients with non-insulin diaetes (type 2) whose blood sugar levels cannot be adequately controlled by diet or exercise alone.
It decreases the liver's production of glucose, inhibits the breakdown of fatty acids used to produce glucose and increase the removal of glucose from muscle, the liver and other body tissues where it is stored