Question
Posted by: danae | 2007/03/15

glandular fever

Hi there,
I am 23y/o, female.
I have had the glandular fever virus in my system for the past 5 months. It comes and goes when i'm down and stressed. THe GP said my white blood cell count was not the normal 40 / 60 ratio as it should be but 40 / 43 (not sure what that means exactly)
They say because it's a virus, no medicine will actually help. So i've bought some BEROCCA (because of the vit-B) multivitamin and i take slow-mag at night (because i do cycling 4x per week)
But how and when is the best time to take the Berocca ? in the morning ? with / before / after breakfast - i aim to get the most out of my Berocca - and keep me going strong and alert the whole day. I occasionally take the BEROCCA effervecence in the afternoon.
I do eat low GI foods, ie. lots of fruit and veggies - which seems to help keep me up. But in this heat, my fatigue is so much worse. And then, at night when it's time to sleep i wake up every 3 hours and battle to sleep again..
is there more i can do to help my body fight the virus ?
and what is a EXCELLENT multivitamin to take ? there are so many - but you're not always sure if they work the way you need them to.
pls assist me!
thank you!

Hi Danae
It is always better to take your Berocca apart from food - either 1 hour before or 1 hour after eating to ensure that you take up the calcium properly. You can take something like Immunochoice, Viral choice C or Echinacea to boost your immunity, the magnesium is a good idea. It may be useful to use a kiddies dose of Tryptanol or Trepilene (10mg) at night to improve your sleeping - just take it early in the evening as it works for 12 hours and can make you feel groggy the next morning if you take it too late - you will need a prescription.