Question
Posted by: mabongs | 2004/10/21

glands

my 15 yr old daughter has glands from her neck armpits and groin been to the doctor took blood test came with virus .was given treatment for 2 weeks and did another blood test which doctor suspected rheumatic fever and heart murmur,referd to cardiac advice no r/matic fever but heart murmur which is innocent,my worry is she still gets glands bigger than peas size and she gets tired .doctor said there will go away eventual ,please help

Mabongs, the gland can easily stay enlarged for 6 weeks or more after a viral infection, so don’t worry too much. If the skin is stuck to the gland or the gland is stuck to the underlying tissues the best would be to see a doctor. Good luck.