Question
Posted by: Sudden Doubt | 2006/10/24

Giving up everything. ..

Hi doc, it is me again the one that is moving to Kalahari to the man I use to go out with at school, and fell madly inlove again 3 weeks ago when we went to visit him for the first time in 24 years. It is not the fact that I have to give an extremely good ppaying job, my independance etc. (he will be supporting me and my Duahgter as i will be home schooling her). I am more afraid of the emotional side of me, I am very afraid of being rejected or getting hurt. I was used and abused and raped, divorced 10 years, had on and off relationships with married men (no commitmnt from their side). But now I feel moving to him, is the right thing to do. He loves us very much and so does his kids (teenagers). But what if I can't get use to the idea of being me in another mans world. I am just scared I screw it up! I have faith in us, in the change in the move and so does my duahgter(8). She calls him her dad as to her her natural father is a stepfather. She calls his kids brother and sister. She has accepted the fact of having our own family. As she puts it "At least now I will have a brother, sister, mother and father). It was always only me and her, now there is him and them, make us 2 into 5. We only see the older children over weekends. I just feel so gaga at the moment, I was awake again since 1 this monring thinking of all these things. We are moving end December. I need to get my mind set right. So any advice or pills or whatever you have to offer, it is now the time to give it. Thanks

Love makes us vlnerable, which is why we are cautious, uf we can be, about who we trust to that degree. I don't think any pills are called for, but maybe a spot of counselling ( which will probably not be in plentiful supply down there ) would be an idea, to clarify your thinking and fel more peaceful

1
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/24

hey this is awesome, take it and love it and love him and all that goes with it. this is a once in a life time oppertunity go for it. worst case senario is you hate it and have to come back. now i know that sounds bad but its better than other things. so if you have to start again isnt that what life is about. think of it as your big oppertunity and make it work. you will be ok, im not going to offer anything other than the up sides CS can help with the deaper stuff. just shift your focus.

Reply to kat