Question
Posted by: Keanu | 2005/12/02

Girlfriend's sister (again!)

CS I posted few weeks ago regarding my girlfriend's sister interfering in our relationship. Well your advise (which was very good advice) was that she should be able to make up her mind being with me for over 8 years. Well I don't know but I have this feeling that something's going on. You know her sister just loves to live on the edge. Like last night her boyfriend went home to have dinner with his family and she quickly went to spend a little time with her ex. When boyfriend returned she was happily waiting for him as if she never set foot out of the house.

Something strange happened last night and maybe I'm over reacting or just being paranoid. I'm going through a rough time in my life at the moment and seeing that I don't have a loving relationship with my family, I spend my time at my girlfriend's house. I sold my car a few weeks ago, so for the moment I would either get a lift from her father at night, or her sister's boyfriend when he goes home. Last night I actually fell asleep, but I remember telling my girlfriend that I will be taking a lift home with sister's boyfriend. Well at about 22h00 she woke me and told me that her father is leaving, am I going or not. I told her no I'll rather wait for sister's boyfriend. She said but he's only leaving at about 01h00. I'm 8 years older than him, so it puzzled me a bit that I should be going home (to bed) and he may stay up till that time. Well she went out of the room and then her sister then tried to convince me to rather go at that time with her father than wait for her boyfriend. She said that tomorrow's a long day.

Well my pride got the better of me and I decided that I would rather go then be an obstacle to everyone there. I could not sleep last night because I just could not figure out why they would want me to go. I've stayed for the night at her house for countless times. I have even moved in there for a while in the past. WHy would it be a problem now all of a sudden if I stay a while longer? Things are really bad at my place at the moment and they are aware of that. Why would they sent me home knowing that I would rather be spending time with my girlfriend.

Well I don't know, I might be grabbing at thin air here and that is why I really need your advice on this please. I can't talk to her because whenever I bring this topic to the table she gets very offensive and we always end up arguing. About two years ago I instinctively went to her house at 01h00 in the morning and I found a car standing infront of her house. I found her standing at the door with this guy. Well things are just very confusing and I don't know whether I should just move on, because we've argued about her sister, my fear of her going behind my back again. Should I just quit the relationship, maybe she's longing for freedom or maybe living on the edge like her sister. I'm clueless here - Please help and advice me...

It does sound odd, but there's really no way to discover what ( if anything ) is going on, except by discussion with her, calmly explaining how odd that all seemed, and asking pleasantly what was going on

3
Posted by: Been there | 2005/12/02

I agree - something is a miss, You need to get the truth one way or another - or maybe you should just move on to a better life for yourself.........

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Zuzu | 2005/12/02

Where there's smoke ..there's a fire! Trust your instinct.

Reply to Zuzu
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Where do you normally sleep Keanu? At your girlfriend's place, or with your family?

It sounds like your girlfriend and her sister, were adamant to get rid of you last night. Why wake you if you could have slept 3 more hours, or stayed over? You should ask your girlfriend what's going on.

Her sister's boyfriend is being lied to, everybody knows what his girlfriend is getting up to, except for him. Careful that the same is not happening to you. As a last resort, a talk to him might shed a lot of light in both your lives.

Reply to Buzz