Question
Posted by: Suzi | 2004/11/30

Girlfriend trouble

My husband had an afair years ago which produced a baby. He see his daughter every weekday and sudays for the last 5 years. The 'ex-girlfriend' does not want to allow him to take her someplace else for the visit (probably cause she still wants my husband near...) so he sees her at this other women's house. This has been going on for 5 years now and our marridge is obviusly suffring due to it. He neglects me and we live past each other with him not being there. We also have a son who needs his dad. Is there something legally that can be done to force her to grant him visitation rights off-site?

Please advise
Suzi

If he is neglecting you, etc., that's a problem that deserves both of you getting into marriage counselling to try to sort this out. he should be paying at least as much attention to his child with you, as to the other child. You both need to consult a lawyer, as it might be possible that the COurt would order that she allow him visitation rights, including the right for the child to come to visit with him where he lives, rather than only in the mother's home.