Question
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/11

Girlfriend

Hi Doc ,hope you had a great weekend , just to let you know my girlfreind has filaly decided to move out of my place . i am so happy for her i want her to find her old self and smile and laugh again thats what i fell in love with apart from other things,but i am hurting inside so much that i have tried to stay away from home till she moves out luckly i am off to Cape Town for a week and one month in Nov for work so aleast i will not see her i have also told her never to make contact with me again as this will be to hard on me. of course i will not tell her that.
one problem i have is she gets long with my child so well and even this weekend Sammy asked where is the girlfreind i just told her she is out for the day and will be back later on they she questioned me about sleeping in my bed and not her own i just told i dont want the girlfreind waking me up as she will be late

I know i am going to be lonely for along time and can see myself going out everynight boozing it up to hide the pain i have inside me.i know i am going to go over board once she has gone
i am also taking a lot of pills just to sleep as as present i am sleeping 2 to 3 hours

Just wanted some to express myself to sorry for going on

Be cautious about all that boozing and "pilling", as it can be risky and counterproductive. Sometimes the booze may help you temporarily forget what's upsetting you, but often it amplifies one's misery, which isn't helpful at all. Have a good and calm time in CT

4
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/12

Thanks for the replies i am going to try my best not to go over board i will keep you posted , well off to Cape Town today for work so that will keep me busy
Cheers all

Reply to DBB
Posted by: A | 2004/10/12

HI there - your decision to be alone may be best for your girlfriend but what about you and your child? Seems like you all had a lovely bond going there.

Maybe give it a little while to be alone and her to see if she can accept you the way you are, maybe you are meant to be together maybe not - time will tell.

I hope for Sammy's sake that you dont go overboard and go out boozing and taking pills as she will end up paying the price in the end, not to mention the fact that you "wont be there for her" - good luck anyhow.

A

Reply to A
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/11

Hi DBB,

I'm sure you know I'm sorry about this decision you made, but it is your choice.
I get the feeling you kinda have an idea that something is gonna happen that you would prefer to be all by yourself when that happens? Or is it maybe that you just really need to be alone for a while with nothing to worry about?
I know I feel like this on odd occasion & when I do, I resort to going overboard for at least a weekend, & when that's done, it's done. If nothing came off it then I had no real reason for this imminent feeling & I just try to close it off.
I don't know if its similar with you, but I do find myself being concerned about you & your irresistible need to isolate yourself.

Remember DBB, no man is an island...

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Sassy | 2004/10/11

Good for you...giving her the boot! It will take a while but the sun will shine again in your life. Be patient.good things come to those who wait!

Reply to Sassy