Question
Posted by: Anym | 2003/03/17

Girlfriend

I wrote before last week about my girlfriend leaving me for her ex and that she's getting married next month. Last week I started to feel much better, but over the weekend I came to the conclusion that life is just not worth living anymore, everything is a lie.... I can't sleep, I can't eet i think i had enough.............................. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anym,
Pull yourself together again. Whether your life is to be worth living is up to you, not to a foolish girl with bad taste in men. NEVER give someone else, let alone someone as immature and daft as her, the power to decide yourn happiness, let alone maters of life and death. Last week you started to feel much better, which is a useful reminder that you ae capable of feeling much better. Have you taken action on the idea of seeing a counsellor to explore, understand, and master your problems ?

3
Posted by: Ninja | 2003/03/17

Hi Anym

I know exactly how you feel. I went through the same thing as well. My b/f left me for another girl as well. That was five years ago. I loved him soooo much I felt like I would never meet anyone like him. Deep down inside I felt that love and to tell the honest truth, it wasn't. I was just lust and feeling sorry for myself.

I bought a CD, just a single and it gave me all the strength I needed to be where I am today. I always thought I was worthless and then the CDs name is "I am a survivor" by Destanys child. I played it all the time until I started believing that "I am a survivor" and living like one. I told myself that I will never allow a man to hurt me again the way, this one did.

You will need to talk a lot, I know. I also know that not all your friends are going to listen to what you are going to say but please talk to strangers if you must. They are always willing to give a listening ear.

Just tell yourself that she wasn't woman enough for you. Don't mind the mirriage I know that hurts even more. Just ignore it and have fun.

Reply to Ninja
Posted by: sadeyes | 2003/03/17

Hey Anym

I know what you mean - I was in that situation not so long ago - my b/f left me, excuse being that he no longer wanted a girlfriend but low and behold - he moved in with his brother and his girlfriend and guess what there was a woman for him there too. Wel anywyas he dated this other woman and kept telling me lies that they did not have a relationship, the worst thing was that she pretended to be my friend before she started making moves on him - it hit me the day I saw them together - I actually did try to kill myself and eventually discovered that he was not worth it - NO ONE is - well he left this woman after about one month and begged me to come back into his life - but i just could not do it - I was way too raw inside. Yes there are days when I still die inside as I think about him. He could not handle me rejecting him and today we are best friends ( though I still love him with all my heart) I would give anything to have him as my special someone - but sadly I realise that it was never meant to be - I am destined for greater things. My friend I feel your pain and I know the agony you are going through - trust me I still feel it as I write this to you - I am crying now because I feel it inside - it hurts, really bad. I dont know what to say or do to make you feel better but I want to let you know that I am here for you. Just hold onto you - who you are inside, look deep inside and you will find a strong person - strong enough to realise and accept the things we cannot change. If i could reach out and give you a hug I would. Be strong there is allot to live for ( try to go into the archives and find my posting on FORGETTING WHO YOU ARE) read it and think about it. I think i sent it in January towards the end of the month. It's one of the few things that make sense.

Reply to sadeyes
Posted by: Fran | 2003/03/17

Hi Anym

I am sorry to hear that about your girlfriend it sounds like you love her oh so very much. She doesn't deserve you. Pls don't do anything stupid like taking your own life she's not worth that much no one is. She's going to carry on with her life and not even think about the fact that you took your life and where does that leave you dead. All it is , is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. My best friend took his own life last year november, he leaves behind a son and a daughter who adore him and will never see him again, and a girlfriend who couldn't wait to get rid of him and move onto the next guy which she now lives with, she's moved on with her life and she's suffering no loss. She wasn't worth it she never even came close to being worth it. Speak to someone you can trust ask them for help lean on them as long as you've got someone even a complete stranger. If you want to speak to me that's also great as long as your comfortable, I'm handing you a lifeline hold onto it with everything you've got. Pls don't do something you'll never be able to undo.
I wish you all the strenth you need to get through this.

Reply to Fran