Question
Posted by: Jasmine | 2003/02/21

Girl or boy?

Hi there, I am a 31 yr female who is has never been pregnant before and my hubby and I
are going to plan a family. I would like to try to concieve a girl as a first born. When would
the best time of my cycle for us to fall pregnant will a girl? Or am I just being silly...

Jasmine, the further away from ovulation you make love, the higher your chances are of having a girl (in theory anyway). The boy sperms swim faster, but the girl sperms last longer. Your next question will probably be to give you an exact time span, but unfortunately I can’t. I suppose you can make love everyday until 2 days or so before you’re supposed to ovulate and hope for the best. Good luck.