Question
Posted by: Naas | 2005/11/22

Gingko biloba causes tummy discomfort... Please help

Ive been using ginkgo biloba for the past few weeks and its been amazing.Can concentrate better and its bossted my immune system very well also.The problem is that i suffer with hyper-acidity and tummy cramps/discomfort if i eat any spicy or acidic foods.The gingko now seems to be aggravating my condition.Is there anything that i can do?I reeeealy dont wana stop taking it because its helping immensely.Maybe take it in a different form or is there any other alternate to it?Which foods come close to the ingredients contained in it?

Dear Naas
Unfortunately if you have a sensitive stomach and you are reacting to this product, then the only solution is to avoid it. I can only suggest that you ask at the health shop where you purchased to gingko if they have other types of gingko products (e.g. tablets instead of liquid, etc) or if you can obtain a weaker product. If you are treating your hyper-acidity with products like Losec and/or antacids, you may be able to control the acid and still take the gingko.