Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2007/03/16

Gilberts Syndrome diet and Mediciation

Hi, My son have been diagnose with Gilberts Syndrome,
I would like to know if you have a list of medication that he should not take, as we have been experimenting with medication and it sees that most of medication has side effect on him, and know one am able to supply me with a list, please if you could help.
Thank you, Charmaine.

Dear Charmaine
As I am the Diet Expert, and not a medical doctor or a pharmacist, I do not have a list of medications which produce side-effects in patients suffering from Gilbert's Syndrome. You can try asking CyberDoc on this Website or your pharmacist, or phone the Medicines Control Council in Pretoria for assistance.

1
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/03/17

My son was also diagnosedwith Gilbert Syndrom at birth, he is now nearly 18 and has had no problems with any medication or diet. Some doctors do say to stay clear of fatty foods, but these have no effect on him. He is very active plays 1st teams rugby and cricket and represents his school at atheletics, Stop stressing is what I was told by the paediatrician all these years ago, I did just that. The only thing he is allergic to are bee stings.

Reply to Michelle