Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/12

Gifts: Price vs Quantity

Ok guys and girls here's a question to help me prevent a potential situation.....or shall I say so I have ammo ? hee hee

I'm in the sheeeet as you know coz I bought Ne a doll one day and nothing for the other kidz...so just to get the xmas thing right...

He's bought his kidz each ONE pressi costing up to R500 per child.

I've bought NE an Ironing Board and Iron-set = R169.99 & now I want to buy her a doll which talks and walks etc for R159.99. But he feels one gift... otherwise we are going to have a "situation" with the other kids.

Can't I get away saying that the cost of both toys does not come to R500 as he's spent per one of his children ?

He's gift for Ne was R199.00 which is fine with me COZ that's what she'll lie - a pram/cot set....

Miskien is ek net dof maar eish dis 'n gesukkel met so baie blerrie kinders.

EN dan waar hy net vir Ne moet koop moet ek vir al 3 syne koop!

,,,,

7
Posted by: Jade | 2005/12/12

What I was trying to say, is give her all the "small" gifts on the 24th when others are with the x. Hold back one she will like for the 26th when other kids get theirs, so that she still has something as well. It would only be fair for her to get something then too.
If you wrap it all together then she won't get anything on 26th, which I think wouldn't be fair.
So what if she gets more than one pressie from you. The other kids are going to get pressies from the X, which Ne won't get, and she's not going to get more on the same day they get theirs on the 26th.

Reply to Jade
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/12/12

Jakes HI!

One pressie I cant give coz she does not want one big thing like G's kids.

That new Robot for the one
Baby born for the other
and a monster truck for the other

She likes to pretend to iron when "sissie" is ironing and her dolls are moeg-gespeel....there is not one BIG thing I can buy her....these gifts together don't total R500....of wat!

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Jade | 2005/12/12

I think it would only be fair to give Ne a gift on 26th with the other kids. I don't think she would understand if she doesn't get but the others do.

The other kids will get gifts from the x, which 'Ne won't get & she will get gifts on 24th, that they won't get. So I would say give what you want to give on the 24th, then on 26th give her one pressie like the other kids to make it fair.

Reply to Jade
Posted by: cp | 2005/12/12

Sorry there is 2 issues then.....what I can do is keep G's pressie for Ne till the 26th.

But I WANT TO buy her the doll as well as the ironing thing....but you are right - IM GOING TO WRAP IT AS ONE GIFT.....jeeha!

Reply to cp
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Dit is nou 'n heel ander storie. Can't you just get some sweeties then to wrap up for her to open?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/12

Problem is that kids with the x till the 26th...

so the 24th at 12 Ne get's her gifts and then on the 26th there is nothing when all the others get ? hoe verstaan sy dit?

Maar jou idee is goed...

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Morning, CP MOM. Mmmmm. Can't you buy her what you want and then just wrap it all up together as one present?

Reply to Frusty