Question
Posted by: none | 2007/12/07

giardia

Good day Doctor

After years of constantly suffering with stomach problems and 3 scopes later, one specilaist has found Giardia. I was given flagyl to be taken for 3 days with 5 tablets at one go. For a week I Felt well and now I again suffer with extreme fatigue (just want to sleep) and the taste in my mouth that shortly results in a bowel moment. Kindly advise if a further course of antibotics will be required or does the bacteria just take longer to be fully killed off?

Dear None

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult your Surgeon for maybe a second course of antibiotics. What you have taken should have been sufficient.

Kind regards