Question
Posted by: Roses | 2007/04/30

GI

Could you please let me have a list of low GI (healthy) food, i.e. what is healthy to eat for diabetes, overweight, high blood pressure.

Many thanks.

Dear Roses
Did you also post the pervious question Roses? If so, please refer to what I mentioned. There is a diet that has been designed to lower bp, which is called the Dash diet. Click on "Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. But please rather consult a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), because your urgently need a diet that addresses all 3 conditions you suffer from.