Question
Posted by: lavi | 2004/10/07

GETTING TIRED WITHIN SHORT SPACE OF TIME

I started some excericises last semester that is jogging, skipping and do some strecthes for 30-45 minutes 4 days a week. I could see the reuslts. My worry is that, last weel I started climbing and Iam enjoying it but when I jogg i 'll be tired not even completing one round on a rugby field. What may be the problem? Help I would like to continue with my exercises I am enjoying.

HI Lavi

It could be a number of things. Most people immediately think of vitamin deficiencies and this is possible and worth looking at with a doctor who can do tests. Things like Iron deficiencies are sometimes responsible.

The next is possible change in seasons - it's a lot hotter and the heat can be draining, often taking a couple of weeks to get over or used to and it may go away naturally.

The third is that you are overdoing it. I can't say this for sure, but you can perhaps play with the frequency of exercsie - take a week of more rest than usual, and it might work. Also, perhaps it's not a great idea to do more than one strenuous session a day, I don't know how you are going about the problem.

I hope that this helps you, it's likely that some rest will sort it out, unless there is a vitamin or mineral problem which would be detected by a doctor.