Getting tested for STD' s?

I' ve recently become sexually active and, although the ' Sex'  section of Health24 refer to getting tested for HIV/Aids and STD' s, I cannot find further info on the site on how exactly one goes about getting tested. What do these tests entail (e.g. blood sample)? Where can one get tested? What are the costs involved? Please help - and perhaps also think of including a section with this info on the site (or if it' s already there - display it more prominently or link it up with the search function). Thanks!

You can get tests done at a health clinic, a GP surgery, the Men's Clinic (look in your phone book for the closest) or a urologist. What is involved in the test depends on what you're being tested for: the full monty would include a blood sample (e.g. testing HIV status), a urine sample, a swab with small cotton bud just inside the urethra on the penis (and anus if you've had anal penetration). The cost of such tests will again vary according to what you are tested for and where you get it done.

I will pass the suggestion on to the webmaster, Thanks.