Posted by: Abdullah | 2013/02/05

Getting someone to help around the house

How can I get my brother in- law to help me and my wife with house duties?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Thanks for the very brief question, compared to some which are so very long ; but its hard to say, not knowing the circumstances.
Does your brother-in-law live with you and your wife, in YOUR home ? If so, he is a long-term guest, and should either leave and find his own pl;ace, where he can be as lazy as he wishes, or he must accept that he should pay towards the costs of the home, both in terms of cash and in sharing the chores and housework. Explain this to him, and let him choose, reminding him that just staying on as a freeloader expecting you and your wife to be his servants, cannot continue. I hope your wife agrees with you about this.
If you are in agreement, give him an ultimatum, and a week in which to move out or start helping significantly

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Justine | 2013/02/06

Tell him to shape up or ship out! You are not running a B& B and you expect everyone who lives in the house to assist with chores etc.

Reply to Justine

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.