Posted by: hopeful | 2012/07/17

getting pregnant


My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for the past 7 months, i use an ovulation calendar and my periods are regular. i know that it can take a while but want to know if we need to consult a dr or if we should continue trying for a few month before we do.

please advise ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear hopefull.
The definition of infertility would mean that there is difficulty in falling pregnant after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. That is because 90% of couples should achieve a pregnancy after one year of trying, I suggest that you can wait until that year is over, which would be another 4 or 5 months trying on your own to conceive. If you have still not fallen pregnant after 4 or 5 months I suggest that you see your gynaecologist so that test can be done to acetate if there is a problem or not.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: rushni | 2012/07/31

I want to know if you take maxiviplus do you gain weight?

Reply to rushni
Posted by: Ms Lady Luck | 2012/07/19

Hi Hopeful,

It depends on how old you are. If you are younger than 35 - you can wait another +/- 4 months, but if you are older than 35 - then I would suggest that you go to a fertility specialis soon.

This is what I gathered from all the research I''ve done on the internet.

Or maybe let your hubby do a sperm analysis so long.

Reply to Ms Lady Luck

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.