Question
Posted by: The man | 2008/08/11

Getting Pregnant

My girlfriend has been on contraceptives for about 5 years now and we want to have a baby,she has stopped taking the contraceptives for about a month now,how long will they take to get out of the system before she can have a chance to get pregnant or is there anything we can do to make sure she gets pregnant quickly?

Dear The man

Unlike the injectable form of contraception, which can take 6 months to wear out of the system, the oral contraceptive pill wears out of the system immediately. However this does not mean that she will fall pregnant immediately. It takes an average of about 15% chance of falling pregnant per cycle. 70% of couple will fall pregnant within 6 months and 90% of couple should fall pregnant within a year of trying and stopping the pill.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Melis | 2009/04/01

Hi , im mrs Moodly my age is 23, about 4 yrs ago i was pregnant but at that time i wasnt ready to have a baby so i had an abortion by taking 5 cyotex tablets and i didnt consult any doctor 4 any check ups wat so ever.Now i am married 4 about 6 months and my husband and i are trying so hard to have a baby but im not falling pregnant.

can you please help

Reply to Melis
Posted by: Candy | 2009/03/13

Dear Doc,

We have been trying to concieve for more than a year ,but no luck. What is so strange is that I sometimes feel something moving in my tummy but, get my periods every month.My tummy has also grown and I had taken a home kit pregnancy test twice but it was negative,What should be the problem?

Please help

Reply to Candy