Question
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2006/08/01

Getting over it

Howzit CS. Hope you fine. Okay, I've been taking my meds correctly but I am still so angry and aggitated at my boss and how wrong they are that I'm seething with anger as I sit here and I just cannot let it go. Some staff won prizes last week which was totally unfair and not right just because the bosses need to keep those staff happy - you know the usual in-a-click thing. The email i sent them pointed out how unfair they are. Well nothing has changed and they obviously couldn't care less so while they carry on with their &*%*& lives here as if nothing is wrong, I have to sit and be blind with rage. Seriously CS, these people are just so false that I actually hate them and i just cannot concentrate.

Hi Jakan, Funny how hard it can be to stop being angry, isn;t it ? Even when the anger is not actually functional or useful. I really think one has ( it's really good advice, though at times I find it hard to take and implement, myself ) to recognize when the issue, though significant and though one may be entirely right, is just not important enough to deserve all that anger and seething which is damaging to oneself, and either unnoticed by the guilty parties, or something they easily dismiss as just a sign of sour grapes on our part. And as you say, with any excuse ( and bipolar can be a dandy one ) they can feel even more justified in ignoring anything that may have been right or significant in your concerns.

4
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/08/01

It is frustrating having to deal with people like this, and your anger is understandable. The thing is though that you're giving them way too much power! As your employer, they are in a powerful situation to begin with, but you've given them even more power by allowing them to have such an impact on how you feel.

They aren't worth an email - you've had problems before and they've ignored your comments, so nothing is going change. Sometimes it's best to accept that there is nothing you can do to change people or their perceptions and move on.

Good luck in finding alternative employment - I'm sure there are prospective employers out there who would welcome someone who gives feedback, and who would appreciate the contribution you can make.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Buzz | 2006/08/01

That's shocking - them not responding to your valid complaint. And to disregard you because you're bipolar is even more shocking. Like people with bipolar shouldn't be taken seriously? Shame on them.

I hope you find something else very soon and that your day gets better.

Reply to Buzz

Hi Buzz. They were not happy that I sent them the email but they said nothing to me. They know that I am angry but put it down to me being bipolar. I am looking for something else so we'll have to wait and see. Talk to you later.

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)
Posted by: Buzz | 2006/08/01

Jenny, I didn't realize that you sent them an e-mail. What was their response?

Chances are that they're totally oblivious to the fact that you're upset or unhappy. Have you started looking for something else yet?

Keep your chin up, and try not to let them get you so upset - it's not worth it.

Reply to Buzz