Question
Posted by: Hannah | 2005/07/26

Getting married - please help

I'm getting married in two months time and i have spots all over my chin and jawline. Do i have a hormone imbalance or what? What can i do to get rid of it? I'm a bit scared to try acne creams again cause i have a very sensitive skin and last time i used it in my teens it dried my skin out so and left me wanting to scratch it caused it itched soo.

I agree with mushroom.

6
Posted by: mushroom | 2005/07/26

see a skin specialist or a gp. they can tell you what the cause is and recommend the best products for you. do this asap, as it wont get better overnight. what you should use depends on the cause - establish the cause of your acne first. all my life i've had bad skin - doctor said it's hormonal and no lotion or potion will work, only the pill and he recommended a few products. i've been on antibiotics, everything. i'm pregnant now, so i'm just living with my skin. i think if you go to a skin specialist, the medical aid will cover products such as the pill if the specialist can prescribe it for acne. go to a gp or specialist - dont waste any money on things that may not work, and time is also needed to let your skin heal. it'll be worth it, and then you'll know for future purposes too.

Reply to mushroom
Posted by: Julie | 2005/07/26

Your best option is using Justine's Tissue Oil it is the absolute best.

Julie

Reply to Julie
Posted by: samantha | 2005/07/26

Hannah, get your GP to prescribe something. There are surface medications that your skin will adjust too, and they can give you anti-biotics as well. If you go now, within 6 weeks your skin will be fine.
Drink lots of water, try not to wear make-up.
The contraceptive pill may also help.

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Thato | 2005/07/26

Oh Hannah, you're scaring me now. I thought that I'm covered, now if you tell me that you're also using tissue oil and still developed the spots, I don't know what to do now.

Maybe somebody might be able to help us. Ladies please assist!!!

Reply to Thato
Posted by: Hannah | 2005/07/26

I am using Bio oil, being using it for quite some time but not helping for my spots. Thanks anyway Thato

Reply to Hannah
Posted by: Thato | 2005/07/26

Why don't you try tissue oil (maybe bio-oil or something of that nature)? I started using tissue oil when I first realised that I'm preggies 'cause I heard that as time goes by, the skin will develop dark patches. I'm also getting married in October and I'm doing all I can to avoid these patches.

Reply to Thato