Question
Posted by: Nixie | 2005/07/14

Getting married need to lose weight

Hi there,
I am a 23 year old female and am in desperate need to loose weight within the next three to six months as I am getting married in February.
I am about 1.6m tall and weigh about 77kg. I have tried everything from exercise to protein diets and they all work for a while but then I get back on the train and start eating all the bad things again. I don't really have time to exercise as I work full time and study part time and still do all the house work etc.
I have an incurable sweet tooth which is my downfall. In the beginning of the year I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid and was put on eltroxin. The doc said I should loose weight a lot quicker now but I lost about four kg and that was it.
What is the best solution for me?

Dear Nixie
Firstly congratulations on your impending wedding. You know full well what you need to do to lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). You are the only person who can make up your mind to stick to the diet and do regular exercise even if it means not doing the house work - your health and figure for the wedding are more important than a tidy home. Your present BMI = 30,1 which is in the obese range. You need to try and reduce down to 64 kg to get back into the normal range and look lovely when you get married. There are about 6 months left before the great day and if you lose 1 kg a week, it should be more than enough time to lose those 13 kg. But you will have to stick to the regimen and not cheat which I think has been your downfall so far.
Good luck and enjoy your wedding

2
Posted by: positive | 2005/07/14

hi
lots of people are in same boat as you, including me. i was also on the protein diet and lost about 12kgs and never gained the weight ,but did get very sick.
in june i joined weighless an i must admit , i wish i joined earlier then i could have save alot of money. it is really good and i am enjoying the food . i have only about 7kgs to loose, so it weight loss is slow..but it is really healty and you do not have to think of it as a diet ,you just have to decide to go the healy lifestyle way...my sister + a few friends had joined and all are doing very well.
thnk about it...in six months you can loose most of the weight if you start now...it is the best way to go...and you will be eating healty and feel 100% better..the weighing part is so easy...

Reply to positive
Posted by: angel pie | 2005/07/14

getting married need to lose weight

Reply to angel pie