Posted by: Sam | 2005/11/21

Getting in touch with the Transited F 2 Male

Is there any person out there who has undergone phases of surgery from Female 2 Male. I'm about to make decisions & I need advice.
Alternatively are there other sites that I can check to make contact with such persons.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Hi Sam,

I am glad you found this site to ask this question, and also a warm welcome to you!

Yes, indeed I have personally contact with a few people who are in various stages of FTM, and who had undergone surgery in South Africa. Best is, if you tell me what information it is that you currently want to obtain, in order for me, to put you in contact with people who you can relate to. If you want to meet somebody, one on one, well give me more or less the area you are located in, and we can see.... I can't promise though. At least I can connect you with somebody via e mail.

Hope to hear from you soon again!


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Mor | 2006/03/23

How long will it takes to sugery. I also want to know what age can transgender only because I'm 18 now and turning 19 this year...

Reply to Mor
Posted by: Mor | 2006/03/23

I haven't been in this website before and can I ask anyone of you a question if you can answer. I want to know where to transgender your body? I want to know how much where canyou find the doctors sugery? Thanks alot.

Reply to Mor
Posted by: Leo | 2005/12/01

Hi Sam

You need to see a plastic surgeon regarding top surgery. You will be booked off for up to 6 weeks. The wounds heal quite quickly and stiches can be removed after about 10 days.

If you consider bottom sugery do a google search on the net for phalloplasy or metiodoiplasty to find out what it is all about, and whether you will still be interested.

Reply to Leo | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: D | 2013/09/03

Hi Leo, Do you know of any plastic surgeons in Durban who do the top surgery? or any names across the country would be helpful. Thanks

Posted by: Sam | 2005/11/29

Hey Leo

Well I want to take it as far as I can afford. I do understand the main op is extremely xpensive. Anyways, I'm assuming U've done your top.

Any suggestions on the right dr's, how long does it take to heal, period of leave I need from work etc.

I will consider switching to Depo. 1ce I finish my supply of T. , thanx 4 that info.

W.r.t your latter statements sumtimes (bout a semi erect penis)
I have to wonder whether it's all worth it, afterall we all have a carnal nature.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Leo | 2005/11/23

Hi Sam

Don't know much about your circumstances, and where you want to take it. I would advice you to stay on Testosterone for the rest of your life. If you stop, and you still got your ovaries, then you will loose some of your male secondary caracteristics, and gain more female caracteristics (although certain changes are irreversable). If you had your ovaries taken out, and you stop the T, then you won't have any protection against osteoperosis, and could develop health problems. Sustonen is a good source of T, but much more expensive than Depotrone which will give you the same results. If finance is a problem, then you might want to change to Depotrone instead. Most FTM's will opt for top surgery first. It is a much more affordable and less risky operation than bottom surgery, and you can locate a surgeon to perform the operation much easier. You will be left with a male appearing chest, but also scarring from the operation. It will differ from individual to the next depending on what method was used, the size of the breasts that has been removed and your bodies own healing abilities. It is difficult to generalise about emotions, as it is very individualistic, but I would say that the operations bring great relief to most guys. I didn't have bottom surgery, but as far as my knowledge goes, you won't have a fully functional penis as a biological male. They can construct a semi errect penis with pieces of bone and mussle which will make penetration possible. Hope this help so far?

Reply to Leo
Posted by: sam | 2005/11/22

Thanx 4 the friendly reply & yes I would really appreciate the contact.
My reasons for contact stem from mere curiosity to emotional feelings to simple clarity. And who else better to get it from?
I'm currently on Sustanon 250 for bout a yr., so at sum time or other I'm gonna cross the bridge...I jus wanna prepare my knowledge base. So getting in touch with any of the persons who have done any phase of the related ops would be great. I'm also looking for 1st hand info on the best Dr's to consult thro any phase.
As U will probably gather I have a need for a step by step advice & the pro's & con's of each phase of the op. And of course the pre & post effects.

I also want to know the actual emotional feelings & the impacts of surgery.
Perhaps an idea for U is to get this into your website, cos if U somewhat notice on this site, there's a trend for such questions to be answered, on the other hand such info is vital, from the coping with your new changes, should I be on testosterone 4 the rest of my life to questions such as after the final op is done will I be able to attain an erection?


Reply to sam

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.