Posted by: anonymous | 2008/07/31

getting healthy to fall pregnant natural

hi. i was was on yasmin for 4 years without stopping it for any period of time, after my first gyne told me it was fine. after i changed gynes i was told to go off it immediatley as it had given me an erosion inside. so i stopped. i have not got my periods back regularly . had it once or two times only, in about 8 or 9 months. i suffer from bulimia on and off for 5 years, i have vowed to stop it for good and i am addiment to get healthy and get my periods back. i want to fall pregnant in at least 1 to 2 years time. i know it will be a battle to get healthy again but i have caused this to myself and now i must get myself back to being healthy. please advice on what to do, foods to include and vitamins to get oestrogen and hormones normal again. i was taking provera to force on the period but made me dizzy so i have stopped it. i will do it the natural way.
please any advice. this is strictly confidential. your help would much be appreciated doctor. thank u.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Anonymous

I do not think firstly taking the Yasmin caused an erosion inside. The fact that you are not seeing your periods normally is an indication that your bulimia has probably caused anovulatory cycles. The most important thing to do now is to try and eat well healthy foods and try and get your weight normal. Once your weight has normalized then it is very likely that you may get normal cycles again and therefore this would indicate that ovulation is now taking place. If, however, after having a normal healthy diet and resuming a healthy lifestyle and have gained adequate weight and you are still not menstruating normally, then I would suggest you see your gynaecologist as he would be able to help in inducing ovulation.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: MAIYA | 2008/08/01

Hi there , I am not a doctor but can advise you to see a reflexologist as I managed to get my hormones balances with reflex.

Hope this helps :)

Reply to MAIYA

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.