Question
Posted by: Nomthandazo | 2010/04/13

Getting bored of my husband

Can I please be advised what could be the problem?

I am staying with my husband we''ve been married for 4months now. We are staying with his 2 daughters. Things just changed recently, the kids were taken by his sister every week and when they go they will leave their bathroom not cleaned and their bedroom. I know they are not in good terms with me but at least I need to be informed as to what is going on. I have just decided and told my husband that if he thinks this needs to be like this then I am also living to be like that. Ok last time they also did as always not cleaning and when they came back guess what. We earn on the 15th so the father decided to tell them that if they do have a little money they need not waiste it because we dont have any for the coming days, they just told him that he think he will make them poor they do have their own money they have been given by their aunt. I just kept quiet but analysed that paragraph.

I confronted the dad about his daughters statement she said she is just a child, every time I tell him about the daughter he just say they are just kids, and even when I showed him his teenagers bedroom that it is not cleaned he decided to clean it.

What should I do, I am getting bored.

Please advice.

To be so bored only 4 months into a marriage suggests you didn't know each other well enough before marrying, and had unrealstic expectations from marriage. It sounds awfully as though you feel jealous of his kids, in competition with them, and thinking of behaving like them. That's not terribly mature.
DO see a marriage counsellor, together, and SOON

3
Posted by: MrD | 2010/04/13

Shame, maybe you need some inspiration by chatting to anothe rmale. Give me your email address, i will comfort you and learn you how to talk to him and act in a manner whereby they will change.

Reply to MrD
Posted by: Reality check | 2010/04/13

can''t you just talk to these kids and stop alienating yourself from them? why confront the dad instead of sitting them down and having a " girl"  chat... they are your kids as well and stop over analyzing everything...

Reply to Reality check