Question
Posted by: lovely | 2007/04/11

get married or not

good day

This is a long story but I'll try and make it short. At first my family didnt like him because of the age difference in between and I didnt stop dating this guys he used to buy me everything that I wanted. I decided that we should renovate his house i bought furniture and house accessories with his money. he has this attitude of listening to people about what i'm doing, my where abouts and he doenst want to see me with my class mates i should be indoors all the time and i'm in grade 12 this year. issues that we normally fight of: they saw you with a guy somewhere, why didnt you pick up the phone, he lies a lot he would make up his own stories so that he can create a fight,when ever we fight he would tell me that come and pack your clothes. he threatens me , abusive and i think he is jealousy. i can see all this trouble he brings in my life but it's hard to let go. through this fight we had family gatherings trying to make things right but it didnt work and i know that he won't agree to go for counselling he will never admit his mistakes. the thing is his family have already send out a letter to my family about paying ilobola so its gonna be hard for me to stop this marriage because they are preparing themselves for this day I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLS I JUST WISH THAT I CAN HAVE INNER PEACE IN MY LIFE I LOVE HIM MORE THAN MYSELF. i've lost my dignity, happiness and interest of going to shool. OH! pls help me make decisions for me , i am young .

This story starts off by sounding like it's more about money than relationships. And it ends by still leaving us wondering why you would love or want to continue a relationship with such a man. And if he will never admit mistakes or go for counselling, he will never change for the better. Your family knows there were problems, and that the family meetings didn't solve these. Do they really want you to marry a man who behaves like this ?

2
Posted by: Tso | 2007/04/11

Help me make decisions i am so young!. I've lost my dignity , happiness and interest of going to school.! Wake up child, this man is no good for you irrespective of the material things he does for u. This is clearly emotional abuse and it will get worse not better when you are married. U and him a in totally different spheres of life and u won't enjoy ur life with him. Dump this abuser and enjoy your youth. One day when u are older u will find a man who will love u. And pls stop loving anyone more than u love urself.

Reply to Tso
Posted by: rose | 2007/04/11

go and read my reply on your previous posting dear.

Reply to rose