Question
Posted by: Lyndi | 2007/08/25

gestational diabeties?

I am 30 weeks pregnant and I have my sugar tested at every gynae visit. On my second last visit, there was alot of sugar in my urine. They told me not to have sugar when I come for my next visit. This week it showed quite alot of sugar in my urine again. Usually the stick is light green, this time it was dark green. My doc has sent me for a fasting blood sugar test. He asked me wether I had any sugar that morning, and I said no. All I had was a cup of coffee with 2 level teaspoons of sugar in it at 5am. I saw him at about 10am Do you think that the sugar in the coffee could have been enought to make my sugar levels rise that much? I ate a roll with bacon and cold meat and a bit of cheese on.

Sugar in the urine is not a very accurate sign of diabetes. You have to have the blood test done. This involves eating nothing at all after midnight.