Question
Posted by: Sue | 2004/11/02

Gestational diabetes

My urine glucose level showed high at my last visit to my gynae without me having had much sugar that day or previous day. I was 21 weeks then with my 25 week visit in 2 weeks time. I have developed an unusual thirst for liquids during my pregnancy thus far and together with that lots of loo trips during day and night. This I have just thought to be due to my increased thirst. Other than that I feel very healthy.

What are the early and mid symptoms of gestational diabetes?

There are often no symptoms. If there are increased thirst and increased urination are some. A blood glucose would be necessary to tell if you have diabetes.

1
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/02

I also have to go to the loo alot day and night and also drink alot of water (thirsty all the time), was at my doctor yesterday and nothing was wrong according to the nurse that did my blood pressure and urine test.

I also want to know what are the early symptoms of gestational diabetes, but it seems like you have the early symptoms if they already picked it up in your urine test.

Reply to Francis