Question
Posted by: Lizaan | 2003/12/15

German measles during pregnancy

I had german measles when I was little & just had the german measles injection again. Should I be pregnant now, would there be complications or would it not affect the baby because I already had measles?

Rubella vaccinations should not be given during pregnancy because of the theoretical risk of rubella infection to the fetus. Having said this, the risk appears to be lower than if you had rubella during the pregnancy.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2003/12/15

Your immunity should protect the baby. You can ask your doctor to do a blood test to check your german measles immunity level, this well tell you whether your immunity level is sufficient or not.

If you had the rubella innoculation recently, your immunity level should be high.

Reply to Purple