Question
Posted by: Need to know | 2004/10/22

German Measles

My 3 yr old has been diagnosed with rubella. If i am immune whta will the consequences be?
If i'm not immune what can I expect?
I'm really worried

If you are immune, there is no problem. If not, you could contract rubella and this can cause deafness and other complications in the fetus.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/22

Will definitely pray for you. I also went for a German Measles immunity test (its normal at 5 or 6 weeks, whether you've been exposed or not, though gynae's prefer that you get tested before pregnancy).

I was immunised and had german measles as a child, and my immunity was fine.

I'm sure everything will be fine!!!!

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Chené | 2004/10/22

Thank you Purple

My mom says I have been vaccinated but my Gynae has sent me for blood tests to determine if I am immune.
I am only 6 weeks and really want this baby. Please pray for me

Reply to Chené
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/22

Presumably you are pregnant and asking the question for that reason.

If you are not pregnant, and you are not immune, then the consequence is that you might get German Measles.

If you are pregnant, your baby runs the risk of certain birth defects, if you are not immune. I'm not sure if its just applicable to the first trimester or not, and what the risk is and what the birth defects might be.

If your parents had you vaccinated as a child, you should have some form of immunity.

Reply to Purple