Question
Posted by: uncomfortable | 2004/11/08

genital warts how are they contracted - how do i get rid of it

please will you tell me how are genital warts contracted and how do I get rid of it? Is there something I can put on it. It is not painful just irritating and a bit uncomfortable.

Genital warts are caused by the HPV virus.
You should see a doctor about them. You cannot treat them yourself. Depending on the size and location, it my be necessary to cauterise them or to use topical medication to treta them.

2
Posted by: Maxie | 2004/11/09

I had genital wards as well as my partner. Contracted sexually. My first sexual partner slept around and only after about 10 years these things popped up. My gyne burnt mine off. My partner visited a urologist who also burnt them off with some type of acid. We had to go back regularly to burn off small ones. I go for regular pap smeres and specificallly asked them to check for these. Takes a while to get rid off all of them and you have to constantly check for re-appearance.

Get rid of them before they get too big and start bleeding if damaged.

Reply to Maxie
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/08

You get them from the Human Papiloma Virus. This is transmitted sexually. I don't think you can get rid of them permanently.

Reply to Purple