Posted by: Desperate D | 2009/03/04

Genital Warts

I am so confused - I have had a wart on my perinum for 2 months which has growth slowly to what now feels and looks like skin tags however my gynae has confirmed it to be warts. He informs me that I should leave it alone but I cannot as I am so self conscious and have not been intimate with my husband as I am embarssed. We have no idea how we got it has neither of us have been unfaithful to each otherand he does not have any either. I am so scared it will spread. I have researched and found that warts love to grow in this area as it is warm and moist. What do I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Try ALdara. You will need a prescription for this.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2009/03/05

You CAN get treatment if they bother you. Two options
(1) a script from your gynae for Wartec, a liquid you apply to them with the aid of a mirror to see, which burns them off (very effective on mine) or
(2) the doc can cauterise them under anaesthetic

Tell your gynae they bug you and you want them treated. You don' t have to " wait for them to fall off" .

Reply to anon
Posted by: **** | 2009/03/04

I had some and if you have HPV the genital warts flair up when your immune system is down, all you can do is basically eat healty and take a good vitamin supplement, they will eventually fall off - mine did after 6 months

Reply to ****

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.