Question
Posted by: Jack | 2007/06/18

Genital Herpes

Hello Doc

Am confused i mailed the ASHA Herpes foundation in America re herpes and if i could get it from having non penatrative sex i.e masturbation given to me by a lady,they said no.They said herpes could not be passed to me during masturbation.

I also went on the web ,an std site and it stated no std could be passed from receiving hand jobs,but i note on your forum it says herpes etc could be contracted in this manner.Do you having any such cases actual people who got an std from say sensual type massage hand jobs .

Confused

Jack

Dear Jack
"The herpes virus can be spread by direct skin-to-skin contact, especially during intimate sexual contact. This includes kissing, oral sex and contact with the genitals or anus. The herpes virus may sometimes be transmitted through a cut to the skin.The herpes virus can be spread during an outbreak of symptoms as the virus is contained in the blisters and sores on the skin. However, even when there are no symptoms, the herpes virus can still be present on the skin and be transmitted to other people who come into close contact.
"http://www.femail.com.au/transmissionherpes.htm

How is herpes spread? Direct contact with the live virus including:
Any direct contact with an herpes infection
Kissing, touching or caressing actively infected areas
Sexual contact (vaginal, oral, or anal sex)
Cold sores or mouth herpes can be spread by sharing the same drinking glass, lipstick, cigarette, etc.
http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_transmission.htm