Question

Genital Herpes

I am a man with Genital Herpes. I told my girl friend about it. Is there any way to prevent her from getting the disease?

I found this on Health 24: "A positive blood test is mixed news. It means that a person is a herpes carrier but it also means that they are immune to infection from someone else. Therefore, if both you and your partner have antibodies to HSV type 1 and type 2, you are not at risk from each other. "

Does this mean that there is a chance that she could be immune against being infected? (I know that see gets cold soures some times... HSV 1?, but she does not have Genital Herpes). I would do anything to prevent her from getting it. We are not currently sexually active.
Thanks for the advice.

You could prevent transmission by using a condom. It is possible that she was exposed and is immune. SHe could be tested for this.