Question
Posted by: H25 | 2008/01/29

GENERICS

You think all generics are safe? Go to msn .com's website click on Health & Fitness and type in Are Generic Drugs Safe in the search bar and click "search site". Click on the article 18/01/2008 and read it! It's a shocker!

I subscribe to MSN's Health & Fitness newsletters and was astounded by its content.

One of the interesting things I found in the article was one was an anti-depressant drug case. Read it, its well worth it - you might change your mind about them!

No, I will not change my mind, and I will not form a general opinion about all drugs or all generics on the basis of a few articles about a few examples, by journalists I do not know and have no particular reason to trust. BY law and regulation, all generics ever made available for sale within any country, has to have satisfied its drug regulatory authority that the generic is chemically identical and equivalent in bioavailability, eficacy and safety to the original version of that drug. If the regulatory authroties ever fail in their duty to ensure that this is so, that's bad, but its not a basis for condeming all generics. But the big companies who make huge amounts of money from massive cosrt markups on the non-generic versions are, I;m sure, very active in finding, polishing and promoting such scare stories. Before accepting such stories, make sure you are aware of who is profitting from the story, and how it came into being.