Question
Posted by: cutie | 2010/08/26

generalised anxiety disorder

Dear Dr . in your learned opinion what is the best meds for GAD . I know you have to know specifics . However I def have the disorder and am on Cipralex . It has helped wonderfully . But I have got SO FAT . I have had my bloodwork done and my metobolic rate is good . Hence what is in your opinion the best without the fatty side effect

Its very annoying that some antidepressants in SOME people, seem to make it very easy to gain weight, and this doesn't seem easily predictable before-hand. Some people on the same drug experience no such problem ; but then some people, on the same drug, don't experience much benefit, either. "Bloodwork" doesn't shed any light on this issue.
There is no one "best" treatment, annoyingly ( how nice and simple our job would be if it were so! ). Another AD might help, or not ; and with that side-effect, or not.
The only form of treatment for anxiety or depression that has been shown to be effective and does NOT lead to weight gain, is Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, a particular form of counselling. The Depression / Anxiety Support group may be able to point you towards some shrinks in your area who can provide that

2
Posted by: whoever | 2010/08/26

I am on pro-hexal and rivitrol and I lost alot of weight when I started using it 2 years ago.

Reply to whoever