Question
Posted by: Anxious | 2006/04/06

Gender Selection

I would like to know if there is any advice or "recipe" for conceiving a boy as I already have two girls.

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

3
Posted by: Shmegal | 2006/04/06

Contact a fetility clinic as they can do sperm washing. This is a procedure where they remove all the female sperm from the 'donation' and artificially inseminate you with only the male sperm. This is obviously a clinical route to go and is not cheap either. Also not 100% guaranteed but is very likely.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: lolo | 2006/04/06

Are u saying for an example my family is a lot of boys and only 3 girls does it say that chances of me geeting a boy are higher than a girl because my boyfriend side is only boys.I'm also 3 months preggie

Reply to lolo
Posted by: robar | 2006/04/06

Nothing definite...but If you check out some of the sites.What they basically say is that the sperm that makes girls are stronger and last longer in cervical fluid a few days before ovulation. Therefore if you are trying for a boy you should only have sex once you have ovulated/on ovulation day(ie temp rise), this will give the sperm that makes boys a better chance at getting through the ovulation cervical mucas.

But please check a number of sites to check. type in gender selection in google and it brings up quite a list.

Also remember that boy/girl ratio in your family might play a role in it as well.

Best of luck!

Reply to robar