Question
Posted by: poppy | 2004/09/21

gender identity disorder babies

my husband has had a sex change. Since he does not have sperm, i want to know if there is any way we can have a baby that is mine and partly his using any form of dna?

OK, poppy, at first I was worried that you were talking about babies with gender identity disorder, which would be kinda hard to diagnose !
The answer would be no, not at this stage --- neither has science found a way to do this ( which would be borderline cloning ) and if such a technique was discovered, there are strong ethical problems it would give rise to, which might lead to such a technique being banned anyway. And een if the technique were discovered and the obstacles removed, it'd be a long time before it became clear whether it was safe or wise to use it, without endangering the health of the child.
You're not quite clear in your message whether you are male or female, and whether your husband is a woman who had a sex-change to become a man, or a man who had a sex-change to become a woman. In either case, either he would have had his testicles removed, or would never have had any in the first place.
In such a situation, in my experience, most couples would seek to adopt a child.

2
Posted by: empathy | 2004/09/22

I know it must be a personal issue but i am looking for someone elses thoughts who has gone through this , as i am about to go through it with my wife?

Reply to empathy
Posted by: empathy | 2004/09/22

Hi poppy, what is it like for you if your husband has had a sex change and is now a woman? how have you dealt with this issue? both in the home and out ?

Reply to empathy